It's a Jeep thing

It's a Jeep thing

Old Dog

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7 350 tbi, TH350, D300 twin sticked & clocked, narrowed Chief D44 Eaton Elocker & Moser shafts, Explorer 8.8 Detroit locker, 410's, RE 4.5" spring lift 1" body lift, 35" Claws, cage tied to frame, Corbeau baja seats, HD tie rod and draglink, u-bolts flipped, custom skid plate and sliders, Warn 9.5ti winch with Amsteel synthetic line
The Zoe V.F.D. ride was sat. The wife and I went down friday so we could do some hiking before the ride. We get to the motel, unload all are :dung: and get the jeep of the trailer and take a break for a couple. As we are getting ready to leave 3 more trucks hauling jeeps pull in, we wait to see if it's anyone we know. It's not but we say hi and leave to go hiking.
10 miles down the raod hilly raod my jeep quits. Not getting any gas :dung: I have no idea what to do. We have cell service thank god, we call the little motel we are staying at. I tell the guy at the desk I want to talk to one of the people that just checked in with the jeeps, he gets one of them and I tell this stranger my story and where I'm at. He says no problem I'll come get you. He come with his truck and trailer and won't take anything but a thank you for his time,

Now that's a Jeep thing. Who else but another jeep owner would do this.:notworthy:

Great story!

It's a JEEP thing...

Some just don't get it...

Your post made me smile! :)

So what kinda jeep did HE drive?

between the 3 of them there was a CJ ,JY, and a TJ all 3 built and running 37's or 38's. But it was the TJ guy that came. In the parking lot when we got back everyone tried to help get it going again.
But sometimes jeeps have a mind of there own and mine didn't want to go trail riding I guess.

This should be made into a sticky and we should all add to it as we go with "It's a JEEP thing" stories.

It just makes sense, I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I have a ton, it's weird how having a jeep changes everything!

Ran out of gas once and an old man driving in a caddy stopped to help me and said:
"the only reason I stopped was your driving an old jeep, nowdays you can't be to careful."
I said you got that right and I thanked him for stopping, I was in the middle of nowhere, probably miles even from the nearest house. He drove me probably 25 miles to a tiny gas station and back to the jeep. I offered to pay for his gas for the ride, he told me no it's ok, and to just throw up a wave when I see him.

A couple weeks later driving the same stretch of road I pass him going the other way in a nice stock CJ6 . I wave like crazy and so did he, LOL.

Was walking down a dusty road late one night and a fellow with a big 'ol Cadillac ask if I needed a ride.......Oh wait that's a song.:laugh:

The Zoe V.F.D. ride was sat. The wife and I went down friday so we could do some hiking before the ride. We get to the motel, unload all are :dung: and get the jeep of the trailer and take a break for a couple. As we are getting ready to leave 3 more trucks hauling jeeps pull in, we wait to see if it's anyone we know. It's not but we say hi and leave to go hiking.
10 miles down the raod hilly raod my jeep quits. Not getting any gas :dung: I have no idea what to do. We have cell service thank god, we call the little motel we are staying at. I tell the guy at the desk I want to talk to one of the people that just checked in with the jeeps, he gets one of them and I tell this stranger my story and where I'm at. He says no problem I'll come get you. He come with his truck and trailer and won't take anything but a thank you for his time,

Now that's a Jeep thing. Who else but another jeep owner would do this.:notworthy:

Pfffft....big deal. I would have done it too.....Oh....wait, I have a Jeep don't I.....:D That's what puts a Jeeper on top of the vehicle chain. Good story Dog!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom