Jeep Camper

Jeep Camper

BajaEdition

Resident 'Old' Jeep Shaman
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
67 cj5,225 Dauntless, D30,chrome molies, detroit, D44, full floating detroit, custom steering, disc all the way around,2 inch lift on 31s, armored up
70 cj6 4 inch lift
Jeep Camper

What can be said, in late 1967, through 1970, and guys these numbers are hard to find, but Jeep made a factory option of a camper designed for the CJ5. Yes a over the cab camper that was so long it had a set of tires mounted under it with it's own suspension, to help carry the weight. Jeep suggested not selling it with anything but the V6 with 4.88 axle ratio to handle the load.
There has not been a lot of stuff written about what may have been in the camper but we do know it had sleeping for 4, propane stove, sink, water tank and an icebox, options were a refrigerator and a 10,000 btu heater.
Knowing the size of a CJ5, I can only imagine the space inside.
It is very rare to find this option still in a rebuildable condition and are highly prized when found. Pictured below are several advertisements for the option, notice 2 are of the same pictures with different backgrounds, I guess even the advertising department found them rare to photograph.

jc4.jpg

jc3.jpg

jc2.jpg

jc1.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks