Media
Resources
Solutions
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Filed under: Time Warp, Auction Action, Etc., Jeep, Celebrities

There are fantastic combinations, like bacon and, well, just about anything, and then there are things that should never be combined. Jeep CJ-7s are super iconic, and they represent the pinnacle of AMC's stewardship of the brand. Though the Dukes of Hazzard itself was no Citizen Kane, every kid of that era has indelible images of an orange Charger flying through the air etched in their memories. Again, General Lee: cool. Put them together; ignoring the fact that a proper "Dukes"-themed CJ would mirror the Golden Eagle edition that appeared in the show; and you have created that which should never be. The "01" treatment has been applied to some very odd vehicles the world over, though, so we suppose that a General Lee-themed CJ isn't so bad in the long run. At least both elements appeared in the original show...

Gallery: General Lee CJ7

[Source: Hemmings]Jeep CJ-7 turned General Lee violates natural order of things originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 05 Oct 2008 12:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

As much as I liked the Dukes of Hazzard as a show (come on who didn't) - this is just weird. I guess to each his own though...

good thing I'm known for liking the wierd stuff, cause I kinda like it!

Looks better than the other :dung:-mobiles that show up, like it says in the article. I mean really? a Dodge truck turned General Lee? WTF?? Uncle Jesse drove a Ford!

If you had to sacrifice a CJ7 to be a Dukes inspired ride, at least choose the proper vehicle from the show.... Daisy's white CJ7 that had the gold eagle across the hood.

RA31535LG.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom