Jeep poll want it?

BrockGrimes

Jeep-CJ.com Archive Master
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
ON THE HUNT AGAIN
In light of recent threads I decided to start a poll.
If they made a rubicon with all the normal goodies and it had a CJ body.

Would you buy it?

Does it come with the Chineese motor?

not enough information to base a relationship on.:D

Don't they already make something similar to what your describing? Its called an ICON(?). And for that price, ain't no way in heck I'd buy one.

EDIT: here it is...http://www.icon4x4.com/overview/cj/models

cj_overview_2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes and I would supercharge it like Ian did on Xtreme 4x4.

A 5.7 Hemi and a NV4500 4to1 Transfer Case selectable lockers in D44s or D60s with 4.10 gears coil spring suspension and a CJ body Im game :D

No. For me, the attraction to a CJ is more than looks. It's about simplicity, ruggedness, and utility. A Rubicon with a CJ skin (probably a thinner skin) just doesn't have the same appeal.

Now if they were to put a truck body on a Rubicon, I'd reconsider THAT as a primary vehicle (which my CJ is not).

With the Dana 44 /Dana 30 hybrid axle up front and the too anemic motor (regardless of where it's made), there's no point.

Half of what makes it worth buying would have to be swapped out anyway. May as well stick with a CJ in that case.

What I like about my CJ is theirs no interior foofoo, just painted metal.:cool:
No air bags, no padded arm rests, no AC, no padded dash, no cup holders everywhere, no door bells telling you your light are on......

Don't they already make something similar to what your describing? Its called an ICON(?). And for that price, ain't no way in heck I'd buy one.

EDIT: here it is...CJ | Models | ICON

cj_overview_2.jpg
I like it...but the grill looks like a Landruiser :(

I'll keep the cj I got thank you.
I have thought about buying a tj or jk just for the cushy ride.:eek:

I'll keep the cj I got thank you.
I have thought about buying a tj or jk just for the cushy ride.:eek:
You know what forever turned me off to the TJ? The time we had to tow one 15 miles off the mountain because the in-tank fuel pump decided to die. Not an uncommon problem with those things.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom