Jeep Will Not Start

Jeep Will Not Start

Auto

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ5 V6
I parked my CJ about 2 months ago and now it will not start. I put 4 gal of fuel in the tank just in case because the gauge doesn't work. I'm getting fuel through the filter. I can put a little fuel in the carb and it tries to start but then nothing.

Any suggestions?

How can I check to see that it is getting fuel into/through the carb?

I'd start by tapping on the side of the carb, since the float valve might be stuck. Especially if you don't see any signs of fuel coming into the carb throat.

How can I check to see that it is getting fuel into/through the carb?
Disconnect the fuel line from the carb. Then hold the fuel line over a coffee can or some other container. Have someone try cranking the engine over and see if fuel pumps out of the fuel line.

I'd start by tapping on the side of the carb, since the float valve might be stuck. Especially if you don't see any signs of fuel coming into the carb throat.

You da MAN! A little tap fixed the issue. I can now see fuel coming in and the jeep starts and runs fine. Thanks for your help!

:notworthy:

You da MAN! A little tap fixed the issue. I can now see fuel coming in and the jeep starts and runs fine. Thanks for your help!

:notworthy:

Glad to hear your problem is solved.:)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom