little sound system

little sound system

djnineball

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 1983 Porsche 911 SC Targa, 2004 Ford Expedition XLT, 2014 BMW 535 IX, 2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic, 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman S
i am a long time audiophile and when i bought my 86 CJ7 there was literally nothing installed so i grabbed some of the leftovers i had in the shop and threw together a little system for it.

kenwood x997
alpine spr-60 x 2
infinity kappa 692.9i
soundstream pn4.1000d

normally i would build my enclosures out of fiberglass but i was feeling lazy and the jeep came with the rear 6x9 enclosures so i just picked up the matching ones for the front. the glove box lock was broken and the inner part was basically worthless 30 year old cardboard so out it came and gave me a nice little spot for the amp. i matched the colors on the kenwood to the new speedhut gauges (though the red buttons did not come through so well in the photo). took me a few hours but everything is installed and thanks to having tons of spare speakers, amps, radios and wiring the only cost was the front speaker pods (being an audio hoarder finally paid off!). it actually sounds pretty decent considering the level of the equipment. all i have left to do is get a 1.5' iphone cable to get rid of the excess hanging wire and i'll be done.

ok, well done for now :) i think am going to build my own center console and house a jbl 8 i have sitting on a shelf. may as well get double duty out of it...

IMG_2335.jpg
IMG_2339.jpg
IMG_2336.jpg
IMG_2337.jpg

I like the 6x9 boxes around the roll bar, I am wanting to hide my stereo in the tuffy center console , yours looks good I do like those gauges to, how does it sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm dig'n those gauges!
LG

I like the 6x9 boxes around the roll bar, I am wanting to hide my stereo in the tuffy center console , yours looks good I do like those gauges to, how does it sound?

surprisingly good. over the years i've become and audio snob. the front stage in one of my other cars cost me more than this system combined, practically double :) if i were to do it over again i would skip the pods in the kick panel/door area. i had 2 sets of the alpines so i did them both but if i was on a budget build i would only do the center dual pod. due to placement they are almost non-existent in the sound department - they point directly at your ankles. normally i could compensate for most of that with DTA but i wired the front left alpines in parallel to take advantage of the amp's power, same with the right fronts, so that really limits what i can accomplish with tuning. i'll play with it more at a later date, for now i am just happy i have music in the thing.

Lol when mine was on the rode the only music I had was the sound of my AMC360 and the super swampers lol hope to change that when I get built

been there done that :) didn't have a system in my old 911 forever and just listened to the flat 6 but eventually i can't hold out and always install one. with the top and doors off and 33" bfg you couldn't hear the person in the passenger seat on the highway as it was so we may as well listen to some music.

guess i should have posted a pic of the outside too.

now

IMG_1942.jpg

winter mode

IMG_1786.jpg

:drool: my favorite color
Don't be surprised when you see mine painted that same color..... It will be awhile but one day

i am a long time audiophile ~

soundstream pn4.1000d

~

Good amp choice. :notworthy: I competed for many years on the sound circuit(not for SPL) and have always used Soundstream and MB Quart. I still have and use older reference series amps as I really like the sound of them.

700.jpg

:drool: my favorite color
Don't be surprised when you see mine painted that same color..... It will be awhile but one day

like henry ford said - you can have your car any color you want, so long as that color is black

Good amp choice. :notworthy: I competed for many years on the sound circuit(not for SPL) and have always used Soundstream and MB Quart. I still have and use older reference series amps as I really like the sound of them.

yep, sq guy here as well. the nano series are not the cleanest amps but for power vs price they are hard to beat. i got turned on to these from bikes and run one in my ultra classic. small but pretty damn powerful. advertised at 250@2x4 and benched at 237. you can pick them up used all day long for $100-125.

i'm still sitting on my alto mobile falstaff 10 waiting for the next car to arrive :)

DJ, what size lift do you have? Not trying to hijack the thread from the sound system......

DJ, what size lift do you have? Not trying to hijack the thread from the sound system......

pretty sure it has a 4" lift. the guy who sold it to me lied about a ton of things, most notably the block being cracked, but he said it had a 6" lift. based on my research the shocks i am running came with a 4" lift kit.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks