Looking fo a needle in a haystack

Sorry but i have the 225 buick eng. if that helps.
nope, a T-90 is a 4 banger Transmission .

call J&W wreckers in Antelope valley CA
there is a link in our links section under parts
they have acres and acres of jeeps

the T-90 will self destruct behind a V6, Jeep tried the T-86 behind the V6 for 2 years but it (which shares many many parts with the T-90 ) proved to demolish itself behind the v6. They went to the T-14 which is a good tranny, I run it in both the 67 and 70 cjs, If your tcase is not a Large hole d18, it will not fit. they changed the d18 for behind the T-86 /T-14 , it has a larger input hole, also with the T-14 you need to get a new output gear as the unit has a 10 sline output shaft instead of a 6 spline the case that all other jeep trannys of the era used. A non jeep t 14 does not fit, there are issues with them also.
If you have a T-90 compatible t case and want to use a T-14 you will need a new case with a larger hole for your guts and a new output gear for the T-14 .
hope this helps

Last edited:
notice I said think, with jeeps no :chug:one can be sure

best bet would to be to find a T-15 , those things are tough as they get.

T-90s were also used behind the Tornado 6 cylinders used in the Willys trucks. They have the correct input shaft length ( 11 inches and some) to be used with the Advance Adapter.
I had a 327 chebby powered '47 flattie that had the T-90 Transmission . It is definitely not a V-8 Transmission . I dunno about behind a V-6.

After a quick look at the Advance site, I see they sell a nose cone separately
(P/N 716046) Bearing Retainer | Engine & Transmission Conversion Adapters - Advance Adapters
2010040211402861355_med.jpg

But I cannot tell if this is the one you need or not. I think this particular one is too short for your needs. Best bet would be to call them and see if they will sell the nose cone you need by itself.
AdvanceAdapters.com | Engine & Transmission Conversion Adapters - Advance Adapters

After a quick look at the Advance site, I see they sell a nose cone separately
(P/N 716046) Bearing Retainer | Engine & Transmission Conversion Adapters - Advance Adapters
2010040211402861355_med.jpg

But I cannot tell if this is the one you need or not. I think this particular one is too short for your needs. Best bet would be to call them and see if they will sell the nose cone you need by itself.
AdvanceAdapters.com | Engine & Transmission Conversion Adapters - Advance Adapters

Not really sure it looks kinda the same. i will clean my parts tomorrow at work and see if i can find a name on the stuff. i will try to post a picture tomorrow. But thanks to everybodys help so far. i can not afford to buy another Transmission right now i will have to stick with the T-90 . i wont be useing the old jeep off road just more or less running around town on the weekends. so i think the T-90 will work for that.

It should hold up if not pushed hard. Jeep never offered it with the v6 and went shopping for a new tranny for the v6, they got the T-86 , now if you look into a T-90 case, and a T-86 case you will see they are almost the same except the first gears. After 2 years they started to have a lot of complaints about the T-86 and went with the T-14 . now if you get a T-14 that was behind the V6 and any other t 14 they are not the same. Jeep also had to up the d18 for the v6, the intermediate shaft was enlarged to 1 1/4. This was done to every tcase the v6 ever used. You can get a D18 from a jeep with a 134, and one from a jeep with a v6 and they will not match up to the tranny in opposite Jeeps. Being as they did all these improvements for a torque monster of a v6 the Buick 225 proved to be, and seeing as they were still offering the T-90 behind the 134 I think they knew there would be problems. I see no reason to upgrade a tcase and a Transmission if the engine would not be able to overtax the T-90 . Jeep never was known to make moves fast and with out a lot of thought.
Moses Lundel, in his book the jeep rebuilders manual does put a T-90 behind a v6 for his build on his mid 50s CJ5 and feels the tranny is a great tranny. He seems to think it is one of the best trannys Jeep ever used and you have to give him credit, he knows his jeeps.

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom