Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'83 CJ7 401 Auto
'01 2500HD
'49 Chevy Pickup
'05 FLHT
'47 Flathead 45
I ordered some parts from one of the companies that we advertise with. My part is on backorder for another 8 days. However, yesterday, they charged my credit card for the order. So tonight, I called the sales department at the company to ask about the status of my order.
The sales rep told me it was on BO and would not be in their warehouse until 7 July. I asked why my card was charged (I was looking at my card account online as we spoke) and he said I was wrong, it was not run. I said my account shows the money charged and he stated he would not waste his time talking to me, I could call customer service in the morning. With that, he hung up!:mad:

Going to call customer service in the morning and if I get the same BS, then I will be calling them out by name as someone I would recommend staying away from.

Anyway, end of rant, sorry.

Its called a "hold". Its similar when you rent something from a rental yard, they put whats called a hold on the card for a specified amount to guarentee the card is active and not over charged. Just covering there <-BAD WORD-> because theres alot of flakes in this world ( not implying you are)

Its called a "hold". Its similar when you rent something from a rental yard, they put whats called a hold on the card for a specified amount to guarentee the card is active and not over charged. Just covering there <-BAD WORD-> because theres alot of flakes in this world ( not implying you are)

I'd say that still does not excuse the rudeness displayed by the sales rep. I'd be interested in knowing who the company and the sales rep is, because if they said that to me, and then hung up, I'd blow my top and I guarantee that his boss would get an earful from me!

I had the same thing happen to me a couple years ago. And yes they did charge my card not just put a hold on it. I also had there sister co. send me a wrong part, and when I returned it for a refund I had to keep on them for 2 months and threaten to call my credit card company to get the charge taken off. Needless to say neither one of them gets any of my money any more. Both of there names start with 4.

I'd say that still does not excuse the rudeness displayed by the sales rep. I'd be interested in knowing who the company and the sales rep is, because if they said that to me, and then hung up, I'd blow my top and I guarantee that his boss would get an earful from me!

Exactly my concern hole. I am quite aware of a 'hold' on my card and that was not my concern. However, it took them 5 days after the order to place the hold and after I received an email stating the part was on BO until 7/7.

Then suddenly, the charge was there, not a 'hold' but a charge (it does show up different on my card and my wife has 20+ years in banking). So I thought perhaps the winch came in early.

My complaint is that when I attempted to contact the sales department, I was talked to rudely and then hung up on. To me, that is not the way to speak to a customer. The sales rep could have said, "yes, we got around to placing a 'hold' on your card as we anticipate your part shipping soon" or something to that effect. Telling me I was wrong about the charge and I was 'wasting' his time is not how to deal with it. Then just hanging up the phone tells me he doesn't value my business.

To bad they aren't in driving range, huh.
I made a 4hr trip to a company once as a matter of principle,
I and the owner and the sale person had a nice chat.
I got my part free and the sale person got to pay for it, LOL.

To bad they aren't in driving range, huh.
I made a 4hr trip to a company once as a matter of principle,
I and the owner and the sale person had a nice chat.
I got my part free and the sale person got to pay for it, LOL.

Hear you on that.

I called customer service and talked to one of them. He 'promised/ me that he would speak with the sales reps supervisor and the super would call me before noon yesterday.
Not surprising, no call a day later.

Iceman what happened, did you get it worked out?

Iceman what happened, did you get it worked out?

Talked to 'customer service' who promised me the sales manager would call me to talk. Never heard from him, so not satisfied with their idea of customer service. Winch never showed up on their website as having shipped, but did arrive at the house.

If I can get a part somewhere else, will pay a bit more to avoid dealing wit this company again, but that is just my opinion.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom