Build Thread My 1960 CJ6 build

Build Thread My 1960 CJ6 build

Mikescj

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
55 cj5, 61 cj6
I'm building a CJ6 , but this is a little different than most CJ6 builds. With my build I am lifting my tub off its frame and setting it on a 1992 YJ frame. I've already cut out six inches of length to the 6's tub and now it sits on the YJ frame.

Photo068-M.jpg

Here's the CJ6 where I found it under a shed rook along side this barn.

Photo090-M.jpg

It came with a wood covered dash.

1646445-M.jpg

The body comes off the frame.

1646449-M.jpg

A bare frame to sell.

1646457-M.jpg

I built this fixture to allow me to cut the tub in two pieces and then slide them back together.

1646463-M.jpg

The cut is made, there's no turning around now.

1646469-M.jpg

And the two halves are rejoined.

1646475-M.jpg

Now the welding begins.

1646485-M.jpg

Here it's welded back together. There's lots of clean up to do.

1646493-M.jpg

Now it sits on its new frame. It has about a 1 3/4" body lift.

Next task it to install the Transfer Case , Transmission and engine. I am staying with the NP231 that matches up with the frame. Then I will attach to that a TH 400 Transmission and a Buick 231 V6.
That's it for now.

I like that lift your using what brand is it, where did you get it, and if you don't mind telling how much?

I bought the lift so many years ago, I couldn't tell you what or where it came from. However, a friend of mine just bought a lift at Harbor Frieght and this looks just like it.

I bought the lift so many years ago, I couldn't tell you what or where it came from. However, a friend of mine just bought a lift at Harbor Frieght and this looks just like it.

I thought it looked similar and HF has a great price on it can you let me know if your friend likes it/its decent quality?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom