Narrow track axle help

Narrow track axle help

kj 7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
"The Bruise" 85 cj7 258-D300-stock axles
I've started disassembling the narrow track 20 I bought for the ring & pinion/carrier to swap in my wide track 20. I've run into a problem.

Jacked up the back, took the tires/drums/brake parts/parking brake/brake line off. I took all 4 flange bolts off of both sides as well. The driver side axle slid right out, it's in great shape!

Went over to the passenger side and the axle won't come out :confused:! Is there a clip on the passenger side axle somewhere or something? Do I need a puller? I want the axle out like the driver side with brake shield bearing and all. How do I accomplish this?
I'd like to get it all out of the axle this weekend. Thanks

cj5brakesandaxles005.jpg

cj5brakesandaxles006.jpg

For me having one slide right out would concern me more than having one put up a bit of a fight. I have always used a slide hammer to pull them but if you have a shortage of slide hammers CJ had a trick in one of his posts that should work.
Put the drum back on inside out, put two or three nuts back on but just two or three threads. Push the drum in and pop it out with extreme prejudice. If all goes well it come out with a couple of good pops.:cool:

No trick. It just needs some rough handling to get it popped.

Worked like a charm. :cool:

You guys are the best :ty:

BTW:

Anybody know why I have all of that coded :dung: at the end of every post I make?

BTW:

Anybody know why I have all of that coded :dung: at the end of every post I make?
span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }
Are you copying and pasting from from another site or using Office??

Nope, using Firefox. The only copy/pasting I do is photobucket pics. But every thread or post I make, it shows it's ugly "span.jajahWrapper" face :mad:
(there it is again)

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Don't know :confused:.

hey KJ: try this. go to user CP top left corner and open edit signature. see if you have something like a picture in your preview. this is just a guess. :cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom