Need a little flywheel help here

Need a little flywheel help here
Thanks
'81 CJ7 project is going well, but I've hit a snag and need some help from the wise ones. When I bought my jeep, it came with an automatic that someone had retro-fitted. I decided to revert back to a manual tranny and found a cheap T4 - I know, I know... not the best choice - but I'll upgrade later. I just need it to move.

My problem is that I need a flywheel and when I search parts sites (like Morris 4X4), it seems they only list '72-'79, and '82-'87 flywheels for a 258 w/ manual tranny. I guess 80's and 81's came without flywheels :rolleyes:.

Seriously though, can anyone tell me if one of these will work for a '81, and if not what type do I need?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

'81 CJ7 project is going well, but I've hit a snag and need some help from the wise ones. When I bought my jeep, it came with an automatic that someone had retro-fitted. I decided to revert back to a manual tranny and found a cheap T4 - I know, I know... not the best choice - but I'll upgrade later. I just need it to move.

My problem is that I need a flywheel and when I search parts sites (like Morris 4X4), it seems they only list '72-'79, and '82-'87 flywheels for a 258 w/ manual tranny. I guess 80's and 81's came without flywheels :rolleyes:.

Seriously though, can anyone tell me if one of these will work for a '81, and if not what type do I need?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

Well Wes, as you might already know about Jeeps it's hard to make definitive statements about them.
I bought a 81' CJ5 4-speed new & it did for sure come with a flywheel.:laugh:
I know on V8's there are two different types of flywheel due to a change in mounting flange design. That was like 69'-70' though & I'm unaware of any similar change on the 6.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks