Admin
Media
Resources
Solutions
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Probably not intentional, but I had to delete the thread "need help with T-18 ".

It was littered with hidden links to a trojan virus, Just looking out for you all...

Carry on :)

Thanks CJ, I hate CTD's

Computer Transmitted Dieseases :D

thanks cj for looking out for us :chug:

thanks CJ .still trying to find out if my factory 20 case adaptor is the same that comes with the novak ford/Dana 20 kit.if so can i and were can i buy just a output shaft instead of buying the whole kit.

Thanks CJ
I sent you a message about the missing thread before I found this one.
Disregard my message.
Thanks again.

thanks CJ .still trying to find out if my factory 20 case adaptor is the same that comes with the novak ford/Dana 20 kit.if so can i and were can i buy just a output shaft instead of buying the whole kit.
No, you need the whole adapter kit ($500) to mate your ford T-18 to your Jeep Dana 20 .
Adapting the T18 / T19 Transmissions to the Dana 18 & 20 Transfer Cases
For some reason I was originally thinking you had the Ford TCase that was mated with the Ford T-18 .
To mate the Ford T-18 to your Small Block Chevy isn't hard. But mating the Ford T-18 to the Jeep Dana 20 will require the kit mentioned above. For that reason I agree with the others in the original thread that recommended against the smorgasbord of drivetrain parts you were planing on installing in your jeep.
You have a Chevy engine, a Ford T-18 Tranny and a Jeep TCase.
Bolting the TCase to the T-18 is where you will be having most of your problems.
Your 2 options are to get the adapter or getting a ford TCase.

Hey guys sorry i started that thread, didnt know it had all that stuff attatched to it. What i was trying to ask though is if the kit parts mike sells for the t-18A for the short shaft conversion is all i need to do the conversion. The tranny is out of a full size cherokee and has the 5 inch spacer in front of the Transmission . also after the conversion will the stock bellhousing fit still or will i need a new one. sorry again for the bad link

Hey guys sorry i started that thread, didnt know it had all that stuff attatched to it. What i was trying to ask though is if the kit parts mike sells for the t-18A for the short shaft conversion is all i need to do the conversion. The tranny is out of a full size cherokee and has the 5 inch spacer in front of the Transmission . also after the conversion will the stock bellhousing fit still or will i need a new one. sorry again for the bad link
I'm confused. Who started the original thread; bnm or Out of my mind CJ5 and what is the problem?
I am confused about what we are talking about. And I don't think I am the only one.
There was one T-18 thread that needed to replace the input shaft and there was a 2nd thread where someone had a Chevy V8, a Ford T-18 and a Jeep Dana 20 .
What is this thread about?
:confused:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom