New fuel lines needed??

New fuel lines needed??

65reissue

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77 Jeep CJ5 - Renegade - 304 w/3 spd - pretty stock at the moment.
Hey...I've been getting alot of help and advice from you guys. I had got some info earlier about changing the fuel sending unit. Haven't had a chance to tear into that project yet...but was wondering if there are other things I need to look at when I have the fuel tank out? Should I look at changing fuel lines? If so what all would I need in regards to lines, etc? Also...is that a job someone that isn't necessarily mechanically savvy could tackle? I just want to get as much done as I should with the tank out. I will eventually take the body off but for now I have no gas gauge...and I am losing about 1/3 of the fuel I put in during fill up due to a leaky filler hose. I got the filler hose...which was a pain to get because mine is the odd ball '77. Anyway...any help you guys can lend in regards to what I need to do and what I need to buy would be appreciated. thanks alot.

When I had my tank out it had rubber lines, I just got fuel line from the auto parts store and replaced them. If you have the steel tank check the seams for leaks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks