New Fuel Tank Install

New Fuel Tank Install

90consuela

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'76 CJ7 304 w/ 3 Speed (missing most of its body parts) D30 w/ Drums up front and AMC 20 Rear...SOLD!
'94 YJ Stock as hell!
'07 Dodge 2500 Cummins 2 wheel deal
I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum section. If it is incorrect then I apologize.
Backstory: Purchased '76 CJ7 (awesome):). Realized the fuel tank had a massive crack around the filler neck that had been "JB Welded" so many times it looked like a colony of gray slugs had moved in. I purchased a new fuel tank from Morris 4x4 (awesome).

When I install the new fuel tank is it necessary to install that little reservoir piece that is somehow integrated in to the fuel system? I am sure that everyone knows what I am talking about, but just in case references are needed, I am searching google for images............. Ok found one.
http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f2/need-info-fuel-line-gas-tank-10903/

Just so happened it was on this forum...imagine that??? Is there a way to omit it from the system? :confused:

Are you refering to the rollover valve? if so then yes install it. It is part of the vent system and they do work quite well. I did eliminate the check valve though as it does seem to do the same purpose as the rollover valve.

Are you refering to the rollover valve? if so then yes install it. It is part of the vent system and they do work quite well. I did eliminate the check valve though as it does seem to do the same purpose as the rollover valve.
Thank you sir I will indeed...just making sure before I bought extra fuel line.

Hook up everything, I left off the two that go to the drivers side out of the top of the tank off by accident, they are vents I think, but gas leaked out, stained my tank after full restoration, could have caused a fire also.

Hook up everything, I left off the two that go to the drivers side out of the top of the tank off by accident, they are vents I think, but gas leaked out, stained my tank after full restoration, could have caused a fire also.

You are correct the two nipples are for the vent system. They go to the rollover valve, check valve, and charcoal cannister.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom