New Kaiser

New Kaiser

ThisGuyUKnow

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 Laredo 4.0,Nv3550,D300 Twin Stick,AMC20 3.31, 31 BFG
Honda vtx1800c
Someone posted this on IFSJA. I had to change my pants as I am primarily and FSJ fan more than a CJ/Wrangler fan.

Its a wrangler modded to look like the old Kaiser M715 military truck. It makes me happy then extremely mad. Happy because its so awesome and if it were produced I would finaly decide to buy a truck that is under 20 years old. then immediately angry because I think jeep has been real :dung: lately and has chose to produce junk like the compass over producing awesome things like this in forms other than concepts.

15.jpg

Black that baby out and I would daily drive it for sure.

I saw that on another jeep forum.
Definitely drool worthy.:drool:

A modded wrangler is an understatement.

It's based on the J8 military wrangler, which has a diesel engine, and If I remember right, dana 60 axles.

I would just like to know why they bother with concept vehicles, I can only assume its just to depress people who know they'll never be able to own it...

I guess we'll have to settle for the original M715.

The problem arises from us, the consumer. They can't make any money selling to us, cause none of want all the techno nannies that come standard on all new vehicles. The compass, in and of itself is not a bad vehicle, it just makes us sad that it bears the Jeep nameplate. It's mostly soccer moms and guys that will never take their vehicle more offroad than to park in the grass at the fair that are causing these types vehicles to be built. Having said all that, I would really love to see Jeep build this, especially if they put a diesel into it. But, alas, not enough of the general public want a light duty diesel, so we will probabaly never see it. That's it for my rant for today.

The problem arises from us, the consumer. They can't make any money selling to us, cause none of want all the techno nannies that come standard on all new vehicles. The compass, in and of itself is not a bad vehicle, it just makes us sad that it bears the Jeep nameplate. It's mostly soccer moms and guys that will never take their vehicle more offroad than to park in the grass at the fair that are causing these types vehicles to be built. Having said all that, I would really love to see Jeep build this, especially if they put a diesel into it. But, alas, not enough of the general public want a light duty diesel, so we will probabaly never see it. That's it for my rant for today.
if jeep dis this vehicle I would gladly got to the bank and sign my life away to have one.

The problem arises from us, the consumer. They can't make any money selling to us, cause none of want all the techno nannies that come standard on all new vehicles. The compass, in and of itself is not a bad vehicle, it just makes us sad that it bears the Jeep nameplate. It's mostly soccer moms and guys that will never take their vehicle more offroad than to park in the grass at the fair that are causing these types vehicles to be built.

On a slightly related note, thats why I'm not so crazy about wranglers.
There's no doubt that there great vehicles, but all the cushy plastic :dung: just doesn't belong in them.

If they would make it an option to get a plain steel dash, no carpet, but rhino lined, and all the rest of that :dung: was gone, I'd have a lot more respect for them.

But, unfortunatly you're right, they have all become soccer mom mobiles, it's not Jeep's fault, it's just what people wan't.

There's no doubt that there great vehicles, but all the cushy plastic :dung: just doesn't belong in them.

If they would make it an option to get a plain steel dash, no carpet, but rhino lined, and all the rest of that :dung: was gone, I'd have a lot more respect for them.

But, unfortunatly you're right, they have all become soccer mom mobiles, it's not Jeep's fault, it's just what people wan't.

Just like the old mid nineties Land Rover Defender 90's. They had a metal dash and rubber lined floors. Awesome vehicle but too much cash.

Exactly!
I love those things, but like you said, they just cost to much.

don't think that is the target market group.

I love it. It would look good with some old military stencils on it.

a soccer mom with one of those could....

keep me..
dk

The new Wranglers are just platforms for the real Jeep guys to turn into something really good when they get old. You have to see the potential.

Jeep's idea is not to sell stuff that us (mostly) cheapa*&ed jeepers can play with stock some 15 years after they were made. They have to gear stuff to what the current public will pay new prices for. We are all lucky that the wrangler is still as good a base ( full frame/solid axles) as it is for us to pick up & fix up years down the road.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks