New (old) wheels and new tires!

New (old) wheels and new tires!

elwood blues

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7 4.2L Comp Cam & valve train, MC2100 carb, MSD ignition, Dana 30 front, T18 trans, Dana 20 txfr, AMC 20 rear.
20230306_181430.jpg

This has been 10+ years in the making. When I lived in Williamsburg VA, around 10 years ago, I drove all the way to a suburb of DC because some guy posted some AMC wheels on Craigslist. He wanted $300 for 6 of them. Why he had 6 I never asked. He said they were from a 70s Wagoneer, but I've never been able to prove that. I ended up paying $200 for all of them, then kind of forgot about them. We moved, twice. And my wife asked if we were going to move them again, or if I was actually going to do anything with them 🙃.

About 3 years ago, I finally got around to finding a blaster/powdercoater and took all 6 of them. We picked this gold color and he did his thing. Well, then I went on 2 more deployments, then decided to retire from the military, and move to PA... Last week I finally pulled the trigger on tires.

Yesterday I got them on the CJ, which is kind of a P.I.TA. the wheels are set up for mag style lugs, in hindsight I should've had them milled for acorns, but, too late now. Took it out, scrubbed the blue gunk off the letters and snapped a pic.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Somehow I missed this. Looks pretty good. I like the "Turbine" style wheels. Totally changes the look. When you getting rid of that tube bumper?:poke:

Somehow I missed this. Looks pretty good. I like the "Turbine" style wheels. Totally changes the look. When you getting rid of that tube bumper?:poke:

:rofl: No time soon. But now that you say that, I could definitely go for an upgraded front and rear bumper...

That tube bumper belongs on that CJ…… similar vintage and such 😉

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks