new owner of 79 cj5

new owner of 79 cj5

crazymike

Jeeper
Thanks
need help on wanting to swap to wider axles and keep my stock drivetrain...any help greatly appreciated.....thank you

Hay crazymike welcome to the site!!

I dont know about the swap to wider axles and what is all is needed to do it but I know there are a bunch of guys that have done that here.

need help on wanting to swap to wider axles and keep my stock drivetrain...any help greatly appreciated.....thank you
What year and model is your CJ? What Transmission , Transfer Case , diffs (front and rear) and engine?

Any info you can give us helps to get you good information... :)

if you have a "GOOD" welder, angle finder, torch or carbid burr and a cutting wheel get exact mesurements of everything before you take it out of the truck putting the axles in are fairly easy. your drag link rod may not work with your new axles so you will have to find a way to acomidate that i have actually drilled and honed the right angle into the pitman arms before with decent results. and the other more expensive set back is you will have to have custom driveshafts made up 90% of the time. the best guy i kno of with decent price is long island driveshaft in belport NY he will build any kind shaft you want tubelar, triangular, gusset type. he can build it and ship it anywhere good luck.

Stock 82-86 widetracks would get you a little wider.No stregnth advantage but will be a bolt in.You will need the Draglink from the widetrack Jeep

Stock 82-86 widetracks would get you a little wider.No stregnth advantage but will be a bolt in.You will need the Draglink from the widetrack Jeep

The next step up would be waggy axles, but you start getting more tire hanging out. There is also more fab work and more money.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom