Trans GM SM 420
First Gear ....... 7.05
Second Gear ... 3.57
Third Gear ...... 1.70
Fourth Gear ... Direct

Dana T-case (twin stick)

1970 Glass dune buggy. Short pan 1600
2008 Chevy HHR SS
So I will be installing the new seats in a week or two now that the plastic buckets are gone but the angle of the seat seems tilted way back. I have everything out of the jeep now prepping the back for paint but the buckets leaned way back. I have new Corbeau's in the box still but when we sat in them in the store they were flat on the bottom just like the plastic bucket racing seats it had in when I set them on the garage floor. It had seat sliders to adjust up and back but I am not sure if they can be rescued, I may have to get new ones.

So the question is that how the seats are suppose to mount, all slanted back like that ? Are they suppose to lean back like that or was something missing from the install that got the seat bottom back to level. ? Do I have to fab something to get them level?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and pictures of what worked would be worth at least a 6 pack!

what style seats are you using?

seemingly strange question, what is your waste size and height?:D

If I were going to have to get too creative with the seat pedestal I would take the slider and put it on a shelf for safe keeping and put the seat in the most comfortable position possible. My slider is as far back as it will go and it has never moved. eliminating the slider would lower the seat about an inch as well.

what style seats are you using?

seemingly strange question, what is your waste size and height?:D

If I were going to have to get too creative with the seat pedestal I would take the slider and put it on a shelf for safe keeping and put the seat in the most comfortable position possible. My slider is as far back as it will go and it has never moved. eliminating the slider would lower the seat about an inch as well.

That's a fare question if I want good answers and I do!

5'10" 175lbs size 32, but my wife is only 4'11" so I like the idea of the slider for the odd times she drives it.

We picked up a pair of Corbeau's. The Baja XRS in all black. Tub is going to be all white so we are going very monochrome. Black seats, I will paint the frames black as well. Just not sure about how far the things leaned back.

Did you get the corbeau seat brackets?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

No, I didn't know the sliders on the old seats were so bad. Do they change the angle?

There brackets sit almost flat and come with the sliders

Were the old seats corbeau's?

Don't know the brand but they were plastic bucket racing seats. Corbeau says the are a direct bolt in for the CJ.

2ynu7a8u.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom