no start

no start
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj7,258 inline 6, dana30 ,amc20,dana 300
my jeep has been ruunning fine i get in it tonight to go get pizza and nothing. i put jumper cables on it and let it try and boost off my wifes car and it did nothing. is it the battery or what. PLEASE help

If you put jumpers on and nothing id suggest checking all battery connections, and the main ground. Also to be safe, check the bat voltage to be safe... If nothing loose or corroted, it could be starter or solinoid. Check the easy first, connections. No luck try to bypass the solinoid and jump to starter direct from possitive ( out of gear) if nothing still... Post back...

x2 on what jr74cj5 said when you go the jump the solinoid, and it cranks but doesn't start check the connetion from soliond to coil. I had the same problem once with my CJ7 I hit the ignition switch and nothing I could jump the solinoid and would crank but not start. Know It seems if the coil wire was loose it should crank but not start. Thats what I thought to but changing out the old connections from solinoid to coil fixed my problem.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom