Misc. nuts and bolts complete list

Misc. nuts and bolts complete list

Rustkill

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7 258 engine.
looked but not seeing is there a complete list of all needed nuts and bolts for CJ7 ( for me need 1985) oem look? count/size/hardness/ placement? would be great for a chart list with count and pic of each bolt or nut and where each is used. pulled my Jeep apart. i bagged and labeled each. don't know all sizes and what hardness should be. i want to change out all i can to stainless i think. but dont want to make the mistake and not have the right strength. i can get a tool/chart and figure them out but maybe there is a list??????

zine plated i am understand is not as corrosive resistant as some claim.

not trying to start a lot disagreements with people on what should be used. trying to help myself and maybe others.

if there is not a list? start one? i can make a excel spread sheet maybe , not sure what the best layout..should be maybe i will work on something and post and people can download then update and repost? or silly? maybe its way harder than i think it is?

thanks

I’m pretty sure there is one on the forum here somewhere. Seen it pretty sure here. @CJ will know how to find it. Not sure it’s as refined as you are wanting

From Kaiser willys171d99a482f2292b926cb1ef9d4ce967.png

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

MM. Think RK is looking for the list that shows actual sizes of the different bolts.

MM. Think RK is looking for the list that shows actual sizes of the different bolts.
O they have the brake down of that in the list somewhere

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

thank you ,, I did look at this kit , there are a lot of different views on it. I thought about it, but one thing i dont like is they just call it a kit, but dont list whats in the kit. I thought a complete list would be nice for anyone just look for a few nuts and bolts or all of them.

so i was looking on ebay and there are people that sell nuts and bolts for the CJ in small kits like the bolts for mounting the fuel tank/skid plate to the frame. one guy is selling the 3 front bolts and the 3 rear bolts zinc plated for 20 bucks. but you can go to ace hardware and get those bolts for like 8 bucks. i got the 6 bolts in stainless for like 4 bucks. but someone will say well thats cheap stainless bolts from china and so on. I know the ebay seller put the kit together and has to ship it and also wants to make a few bucks . i have ordered some of the kits here and there. bla bla bla i will shut up

A thread pitch and bolt size identifier should be in the tool bin and then buy local as needed. For the demanding enthusiasts who like fancy hardware, McMaster-Carr has you covered but can be expensive. For the OEM purists, there is Quadratec.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks