Oil pressure improved after oil change.

Oil pressure improved after oil change.

nctom

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ 7, 258 i6, 3 speed
Can y'all explain why my oil pressure would have gone up 10# after an oil change and fresh pan gasket?

I would have thought the opposite would be true-better viscosity=less resistance and therefor less pressure.

Thanks!

did you use thicker oil?

Can y'all explain why my oil pressure would have gone up 10# after an oil change and fresh pan gasket?

I would have thought the opposite would be true-better viscosity=less resistance and therefor less pressure.

Thanks!

My guess would be that the old oil was shot and the new oil has better viscosity. Or as cheep said the filter might have been pluger up.
Viscosity is the thickness of the oil and has nothing to do with how slick it is by the way.
Is the old oil something you put in or is this your first oil change since you got the jeep?

i'll tell you guys something for years all i would use is fram oil filters, refused to use anything else. one day i was in the parts store pickin up an oil change for my jeep and we got to talking about filters. they (the guys who work there) took one each of all the oil filters they sell and cut them in half, to check em out. the fram was the poorest quality of all of them, they are completely paper on the inside with no metal to support the filter element. the el cheapo filters they sell to shops and dealers were better quality. the best they had was purolator, which is what i use now. i'll never buy another fram filter.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom