oops.....I broke it and don't know what it is.

oops.....I broke it and don't know what it is.

firedocs

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep Cj-7 Black and Honey Laredo, hard top 5 speed manual, Bone stock head to toe-Factory A/C, stainless package, 258-I6, stock carter bbd, less than 100k miles.
Hey guys I was removing my Carter bbd tonight and inadvertently broke off this little sensor thing on the intake. I don't even know what it does, or better yet if I need to replace and where to get it..anybody?? This is my Carter/Weber swap and not off to a good start.

Thanks
Tim

Hey guys I was removing my Carter bbd tonight and inadvertently broke off this little sensor thing on the intake. I don't even know what it does, or better yet if I need to replace and where to get it..anybody?? This is my Carter/Weber swap and not off to a good start.

Thanks
Tim

That part will be irrelovent with the Weber. It's a sensor (one of many) that helps the function of the computer controlled bbd and it's chaotic operating features. Disregard.

Its a air vane sensor for emission control..
Most everyone takes the hoses off and
eliminates it.
noflakid:punk:

Hey thanks guys for the speedy answers. Glad to hear I don't need it anyway, I am already dreading all those vac hoses and which ones stay and go...ughhh. But i am sure that the Weber will make me happy once she's on and working. thanks again everyone.

You need 3 basic vac lines, advance for the dizzy, pcv valve, and brake booster if you have power brakes. You'll need another if you plan on leaving the egr, and one more for the vac canister if you keep it. I don't have egr, power brakes, or the vac can hooked up.

Sent from my DROID2

You need 3 basic vac lines, advance for the dizzy, pcv valve, and brake booster if you have power brakes. You'll need another if you plan on leaving the egr, and one more for the vac canister if you keep it. I don't have egr, power brakes, or the vac can hooked up.

Sent from my DROID2

OK I think I follow most of that, the Dizzy I got, the PCV on the valve cover I got..BUT the EGR? Brake booster? I do have power brakes and plans to keep everything else in place(Canister). All I have removed so far is all hooked up to the Carb and old factory A/C. The "mass" at the back of valve cover and some larger ones that come from the exhaust...not sure.
Thanks

Ok, Waxer that looks like it might be a Weber or aftermarket Carb is it? I too have the two plates that sit under the carb and one has a brass port like yours, where does that hose go to? Mine has a plug on the end of it. And the EGR and brake booster shouldn't be moved anyway with the carb install correct?
Tim

Had my 86 CJ7 for about 3 weeks now and this is what I found was done so far.

I noticed that you do not have a fuel pressure regulator, or at least not in the picture. How is you weber doing for ya? Happy with the idle, acceleration and such? I am going to install on Sunday I hope so maybe by Monday I can give more insight and call it "done".
Thanks for your help
Tim

As far as I know, all I have is a fuel pump, unless pressure regulator is back in the fuel tank somewhere. Can you post pix of your press reg setup when complete? Carb works well (but its all I know).
WAXER

Doesn't look like you have one,it is relatively small and goes in line. Some say it helps with a weber due to the pump delivers 6-7 psi and the weber likes 3-3.5psi. BUT not all have one or agree that you need one. I did purchase one and will post pics soon. Otherwise your cj looks pretty stock in the engine compartment, Dist., coil etc. It is a nice looking ride, I have owned several jeeps and the last ones (85,86) are my favorite. Thanks for the info Waxer and I will post again soon.
Thanks

ps. I likem stock as possible

ok im jealous you two have some good looking cjs :notworthy: :chug:

I broke that same thing off over a year and a half ago, since I am rebuilding now I guess I will change.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom