Paris Preview: Chrysler to unveil 25th Anniversary minivan, Jeep Compass Overland

Paris Preview: Chrysler to unveil 25th Anniversary minivan, Jeep Compass Overland

CJ

Admin
Media
Resources
Solutions
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Filed under: Minivans/MPVs, Paris Motor Show, Crossovers/CUVs, Chrysler, LLC., Jeep

Click above for more high-res shots of the Jeep Compass Overland

We already took a look at MOPAR's first concept due to be displayed at the Paris Motor Show next week, and it turns out that it has a twin. This one is based on the unloved Compass mini 'ute and reuses the Overland moniker that's been popular with the Jeep brand, once owned by Willys-Overland. It's painted in a classically-Jeep dark green color that covers almost the entire exterior, minus some silver accent panels on the sides (why?) and a mesh grille that's actually kind of cool. On the inside, it's been tarted-up with new sill plates and seats with stitched-in Overland logos.

The last (and least?) vehicle Chrysler is set to show off in Paris is a 25th Anniversary Chrysler Grand Voyager, which has French-stitched leather seating surfaces and "Blackwood accents." Outside are 17-inch rims, chrome trim and special badges. All in all, pretty mundane stuff. Oddly, nobody ever asks us for our opinions. If they did, we'd tell them they could leave these two at home. Chrysler has issued a press release detailing everything it's bringing to Paris, see it after the break.

Gallery: Jeep Compass Overland

Gallery: 25th Edition Grand Voyager

[Source: Chrysler]Continue reading Paris Preview: Chrysler to unveil 25th Anniversary minivan, Jeep Compass Overland

Paris Preview: Chrysler to unveil 25th Anniversary minivan, Jeep Compass Overland originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

it doesn't look like a jeep to me... but i sure wanna ride this jeep branded hottie!! My friends will surely wanna go around with me with this thing!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom