Pilot Bushing size question

Pilot Bushing size question

tvince

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7
I have a T-176 tranny out of a 85 CJ7 and I measure the clutch shaft pilot end at .590 I had ordered one from Novak for a T-176 / AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and the id on the bushing they provided was loose on shaft due to a ID measurement of the bushing of .600 I called Novak and they said I must have an oddball shaft because the size I need is .6 Period. I have on order a clutch alighnment tool listed for 85 CJ 1 1/8 10 spline with a .59 pilot bushing so it must be relativly common.
Do I have an oddball? I'm thinkin not but.....

I have a T-176 tranny out of a 85 CJ7 and I measure the clutch shaft pilot end at .590 I had ordered one from Novak for a T-176 / AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and the id on the bushing they provided was loose on shaft due to a ID measurement of the bushing of .600 I called Novak and they said I must have an oddball shaft because the size I need is .6 Period. I have on order a clutch alighnment tool listed for 85 CJ 1 1/8 10 spline with a .59 pilot bushing so it must be relativly common.
Do I have an oddball? I'm thinkin not but.....

The O/D on the T-176 I have in my barn is .595 ;)

Well I guess the followup Question would be what ID would I want given a shaft od of .59X how much play would I want in the pilot I'm sure I wouldnt want exact fit but I think .01 would be too much.

Thanks For measuring yours

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom