POR15 & Herculiner

POR15 & Herculiner

Onnooffroad

Jeeper
Thanks
I have my interior completely stripped down and I'm currenlty scuffing it up to get a good bond. There is some rust. I'm thinking about apply the POR15 then putting down the Herculiner. Will the herculiner bond ontop of the POR15? Assuming it will bond, if I put the POR15 down will I need to go back and scourer it up again before applying the herculiner ontop of it? Thanks!

I, too, applied POR 15 and as it reacts to sunlight, I topped it with their Chassis Black. I live in the desert of Southern California and a colleague told me that the spray on bed liners get tacky-sticky due to the heat and sun.

My 1975 CJ5 came equipped with carpeting that snaps into place. Using the old as a template, I had another set created. I can simply unsnap a piece, shake it free of dirt and reattach. It not only looks GREAT and feels good under foot, I noticed a difference in sound levels despite being in a totally open vehicle.

Personally, I would stick with the POR15 products and skip Herculiner.

Best success with your project !

You need to choose either one. There is no need to put the POR-15 in if you put the Herculiner in, or vice-versa. I lived in VA Beach for a while, and never had an issue with the Herculiner getting sticky For the interior, I would just do the Herculiner, and use the POR-15 on the undercoating and the chassis.

I wanted to put the por15 down to neutalize the rust on the floor board using the metal ready spray then painting on the por15. I want a bedliner for grip to prevent objects from rolling around. My question is will the herculiner stick on top of the por 15? Do I need to put the herculiner on top while the POR15 hasn't fully dried or do I wait until it dries up and scour it before putting the herc on? Thanks.

The proper method is prep the surface, then POR-15 it let it cure/offgas after a few days/week what ever, scuff it like you would paint so it's not shiney then clean it good, denatured alcohol works nice, then roll a thin coat of herc when it's tacky lay down a thicker coat, repeat until desired thickness it reached.

I've done this method many times and it works great.

You put herc down over rust and your goona be sorry.
Por-15 with chassis black is nice but it's just shiney and black.

I por-15 and herc if i'm on the cheap, or por-15 and raptor liner if I have more cash.

Hi everybody this is my first post but I did this same thing on my 86 I called por15 and herculiner and both said to scuff the por15 and use a self etching primer I did all of this and it adhered good and looks good by the way I used por15 primer

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$110.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks