Power Brake Booster

Power Brake Booster

scooter6529

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5 304 V8 pretty much stock so far !!!

2013 JKU Sahara Wrangler, 2" lift on 33's
Hi All,

Long time looker first time poster. Was wondering about power brake boosters, I have a 77 CJ5 with non power brakes and a buddy has a 92 YJ that he's scrapping out with power brakes and was wondering if the power brake booster will fit mine. Insite greatly appreciated. Thanks

yes it will fit with minimal modifications. there is a good thread on doing this, but i dont know where it is. mabye someone here will chime in that is smarter than me

Make sure you have enough clearance at the master cylinder brake lines. See if you can get the proportioning valve also. When doing a change like that there are adjustable brake pedal push rods for fine tuning btw.

Hi All,

Long time looker first time poster. Was wondering about power brake boosters, I have a 77 CJ5 with non power brakes and a buddy has a 92 YJ that he's scrapping out with power brakes and was wondering if the power brake booster will fit mine. Insite greatly appreciated. Thanks

:)Don't think that one size fits all and that swapping between vehicles without a proper understanding of each vehicles requirments should not be first understood...............Brake systems are designed for a particluar application that relates to a host of different things on the donar vehicle........
Not to say that this Booster will not cross over but it is just one part of a working system.
Some have linkage adaptors and or are sized for that particuliar application.
Do your homework and also look at the components like Caliper & rotor size, weight and the list goes on.
Notwithstanding the pedal Ratio on your non power swing pedals will be greater than the same for a factory power setup.........needs to be slowed down / less ratio!

:D:D:D:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom