pvc

penster1

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 cj5
258 cu 4 speed
All
New to the jeep world. Just bought a 1980 CJ5 with the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l 6 and 4 speed. Vehicle was originally equipted with CA emissions. Someone took off emissions but I think the PVC valve is routed wrong. As it is now the rear hose on the valve cover goes to the t on the front PVC valve but the other side of the T is blocked off. I am getting oil out the dipstick tube and I think it is because the pcv is hooked up wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Also does anyone drive the 4 speed like it is a 3 speed?
Thanks

I think we saw this before on a recent thread.
The rear port is your PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve. This should go uninterupted to the base of the throttle plate where any gasses are returned to the combustion chambers.

The front port is for the CCV (crank case ventilation) and needs a fresh air source....usually runs to the air cleaner box.

Also does anyone drive the 4 speed like it is a 3 speed?
Thanks

Some 4speeds use a compound low first gear. My T-18 is such an animal. The only time I ever use 1st is offroad in a crawl situation.
The T-176 doesnt have a compound low 1st gear...neither does the T-4 (which wasn't used that early).

i have the same problem. my front pcv valve has a breather ca (PO had tape and RTV jammed in it) back one goes to air filter. is this why mine is acting sluggish? she feels maxed out at about 2K RPM, but doesnt sound like it

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom