Question on Head removal for Freeze Plug Replacement

Question on Head removal for Freeze Plug Replacement

MarkSud

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7 Renegade 258 inline 6. (All currently stock... working to change that one piece at a time).
Is it necessary to remove every component from the head (i.e. rockers, rods, etc) or can I leave them in there and remove it and replace it as one unit?

Is it necessary to remove every component from the head (i.e. rockers, rods, etc) or can I leave them in there and remove it and replace it as one unit?

:)Not sure on your Inline 6 put most motors require the rockers , push rods and valve train off just to get clearance to the head bolts...........its no big deal.......Keep track of the pushrods and where any short bolts came from.........some times a piece of cardboard marked Front with a pattern drawn of the head layout works. Just punch some holes in it and put the parts in the correct location...........for replacement later.

:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the feedback. Also, great idea with the cardboard! :chug:

You'll need to, at a minimum, loosen all the rocker arm bolts because on reinstall they will be fighting you when your trying to align the head gasket up and torque it down. Plus it will be difficult to feed the pushrods back in the holes while holding the head up an inch or so. I'd just remove them and keep them in order, as was said.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom