Questions about cj7s

Questions about cj7s

CoreyYoungCj577

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj7 232 inline 6,Dana 20 Tc,T-150 Trans, stock diffs.
I now recently have to change all of my long hard work and time and knowledge to a CJ7 ha which isnt bad because im finding alot of CJ7 stuff on CL but what i need to know are the tubs interchangeable if all and thanks for letting me know it was a CJ7 i just talked to a guy about a top and rims and tires and ill be getting those soon! thanks guys!

Yes, 76-86 CJ7 tubs are all the same. As a matter of fact the YJ 87-95 tubs are the same size, the only differences are the gas filler location and the tailgate. CJ7 tops are all the same, and a YJ top will fit, but the rear hatch setup is different because of the difference in tailgates.

As for rims, any 5 bolt 5 1/2" bolt pattern will fit. Dodge, Ford and Jeep at some time have used this bolt pattern.

Mr encyclopedia? Is that you?

Holy :dung:! You have too much info in your noggin!

I am a plethora of useless knowledge :D.

Thank for the info, do you know what year half hard door will fit a 1986 CJ7 body....

They are impossible to find

Ed

Any 1/2 hard door up to 1995. I found a set that were fiberglass for $40. They needed some seam repair but otherwise were ok. Keep scouring the Craigslist ads and good luck.
Thank for the info, do you know what year half hard door will fit a 1986 CJ7 body....

Ed

Ed

Like Pete said,95'to 88' they are all Wrangler 1/2 Doors. The factory never made 1/2 doors for CJ's.;)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom