Radiator Shroud

Radiator Shroud

CJ777

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ7, 2001 silverado, 2005 A4,41 F100,77 F350
New to CJ's, so I'm a little clueless. Does the 1977 CJ AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l come with a radiator fan shroud ? mine does not have one and I am trying to get this thing dialed in, or are there aftermarket ones that work well ?
Thanks,

I just went to the junk yard and found a shroud that was about the correct size, fabbed up a bracket and used that. Or if you want a factory replacement -->> Cooling System Parts Jeep CJ (use our coupon code and get 10% off).

My 77 never had one. It has never overheated unless I did something stupid like drive the blade into the radiator.:cool:
I do think the electric fan is the best way to go. there are several good sites and threads on using a Taurus or Concourse fan and shroud.

My '78 w/ a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l didn't come with one either. I picked one up a fan shroud from a local guy on craigslist for $20. Craigslist can be your bestfriend looking for some of the oddball CJ parts.

Welcome to the site welcome.png

Thanks for the replies. That gives me a sense of direction as far as the shroud goes, meaning it will be last on the list since the list grows long.

My 77 never had one. It has never overheated unless I did something stupid like drive the blade into the radiator.:cool:
I do think the electric fan is the best way to go. there are several good sites and threads on using a Taurus or Concourse fan and shroud.

Whats the reference to " i did something stupid like drive the blade into the radiator" huh IO! its stupid to do that now well i did that lol but not my fault! haha!

Whats the reference to " i did something stupid like drive the blade into the radiator" huh IO! its stupid to do that now well i did that lol but not my fault! haha!
It was a long time ago and it involved a street sign that said "keep right". I did manage to hit it with the left side of the bumper. There are more details to the story but I prefer to keep them to myself. I would not want my 25 year old daughter to think her Dad was ever young and/or foolish.:cool:

IO, Maybe you could post a Thread in the Misc. I can see a good story here.
Back in the day, June 1970 we took out about 6 or 7 signs using a "Superbee," on our way to Garner State Park in Texas. lol H. S. Graduation Party. Well you get the picture.
Thanks...Wilurb

IO, Maybe you could post a Thread in the Misc. I can see a good story here.
Back in the day, June 1970 we took out about 6 or 7 signs using a "Superbee," on our way to Garner State Park in Texas. lol H. S. Graduation Party. Well you get the picture.
Thanks...Wilurb

Been there, Done that, Got the :censored: T-shirt!:laugh:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom