suburban99

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7 304 V8
2011 Silverado 4x4
2004.5 Dodge Cummins Diesel
1997 Porsche Boxster
1980 CJ7 304v8...is the wiring diagram for a 1979 cj the same? Wire colors etc? If not anyone got a link for a 1980? Thanks

1980 CJ7 304v8...is the wiring diagram for a 1979 cj the same? Wire colors etc? If not anyone got a link for a 1980? Thanks
Should be about the same. I went through all of this back when I was scrounging up all three wiring harness segments to put together my pile of parts into a running jeep. It was much easier and cheaper than buying one of the really expensive "Painless" kits.

You might want to check out this link. It has tons of usefull CJ wiring info.

http://www.civilianjeep.info/84-86FSM/Cb-Electrical_Sytems_Schematics.pdf

Suburban, I got the same year model & engine. Have the electrical diagram scanned in three separate pages, very large.

Send me a private message with an email point where you'd like to see 'em show up.

I have a dash rewire in my future..... only thing that works besides speedo is the ammeter. Sort-of turns the gas tank into a "guess" tank!

If you have notable successes, let me know about 'em. I'll celebrate with you.

--- Have the electrical diagram scanned in three separate pages, very large.

Send me a private message with an email point where you'd like to see 'em show up.
Why not upload them to our documents section so we all can use them?

-->> Jeep-CJ Documents and Manuals

So far found my ignition switch was melted, no power to fuses with key on. The mechanical ignition switch that connects to the rod that connects to the key was melted. This is the second vehicle that I have bought that had this problem...must be high powered stereo amps or something overloading them. Now on with the re-wire. I think this is what had the previous owner stumped. Also installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge today.

The part number on the ignition switch is Standard Auto Parts US105, fits tilt wheel.

Why not upload them to our documents section so we all can use them?

-->> Jeep-CJ Documents and Manuals
Didn't even know there was such a place! Now you may have created a monster........ I got more stuff stored than I'll ever live long enough to read!

I'll try to make a contribution every time I log in; save other guys 'n gals time just as I have been saved lots of trouble by the comments on this forum.

So far found my ignition switch was melted, no power to fuses with key on. The mechanical ignition switch that connects to the rod that connects to the key was melted. This is the second vehicle that I have bought that had this problem...must be high powered stereo amps or something overloading them. Now on with the re-wire. I think this is what had the previous owner stumped. Also installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge today.

The part number on the ignition switch is Standard Auto Parts US105, fits tilt wheel.
Suburban99, would you post a bit of detail about the mechanical oil pressure gauge and how it went? I have been driving on faith alone, knowing that the AMC304CID crate engine in my '80 CJ7 has just over a thousand miles.

But faith alone won't get your jeep home out of the woods if it seizes from no oil!

Didn't even know there was such a place! Now you may have created a monster........ I got more stuff stored than I'll ever live long enough to read! ~~~
We like monsters! :) Upload all you want, I will be happy to approve them all. Adding to our documents section helps us all... :)

Suburban99, would you post a bit of detail about the mechanical oil pressure gauge and how it went? I have been driving on faith alone, knowing that the AMC304CID crate engine in my '80 CJ7 has just over a thousand miles.

But faith alone won't get your jeep home out of the woods if it seizes from no oil!

I will start a new thread with a couple of pictures later today.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom