rear bumper/tire carrier

rear bumper/tire carrier

dino2000

Jeeper
Thanks
Our Lil' rig isn't going to do any serious rock crawling, but it will see it's fair share of trails. The PO started to build this unit and told me " i didn't like the way it was turning out. You can take it if you want it. "

Sounded like an instant $ saver and a good first welding project for me. Here are some pics of it, let me know what you guys might change or do differently. I have ordered a pre-fabbed kit to bolt/tie in the bumper to the frame. Thanks in advance for the help!

DSC0063-M.jpgDSC0059-M.jpgDSC0057-M.jpgDSC0058-M.jpg
DSC0059-M.jpg

Attachments

• DSC0063-M.jpg
    DSC0063-M.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC0059-M.jpg
    DSC0059-M.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC0057-M.jpg
    DSC0057-M.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 0
I would change out your piviot point for the tire carrier.
You could use something like this, Tire Carrier Swingout Heavy Duty Hinge Kit
It will support the weight of your tire better and will be easier to swing too.

First, thanks to Wildman for the tip. Bumper done and back from the powder coater.

DSC0113-M.jpg

AtoZ Fabrication HD spindle. This was the key to making this thing work properly.
DSC0115-M.jpg

DSC0120-M.jpg

the screw down closure looked to me to be the only way to keep it shut
DSC0116-M.jpg

couple of moto tie downs just to keep her upright and help with the load. Picking up my Smittybilt I-rack tomorrow for the jerry can and hi-lift.
DSC0117-M.jpg

Nice bumper! I would beef up that rear crossmember, they are prone to ripping off with bumpers and tire carryiers. I had to plate crossmember and welded angle iron from crossmember to frame. Almost lost my bumper and tire carrier. More welding practice for you!

Great looking bumper, Did you design it? I'm looking to get something just like it,how much material and sizes or gauge did it take to put the bumper together.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom