rear diff hits gas tank skid plate

rear diff hits gas tank skid plate

slappy

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7, 258, T5, D300, AMC20, D30.
lifted and locked, 2004 dodge ram 2500, 2003 dodge grand caravan
has anybody else had this problem. i have a CJ7 with a 4" susp. lift and with the compression of 4x4ing the AMC20 has made a nice dented groove in the gas tank skid plate. it actually dented my stock diff cover awhile back and i switched to a crane cover. will i have to lift the tank up or move the springs forward, or should i just run it as is and keep an eye on it. it's been this way for about 7 years and hasn't got any worse. any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve.

has anybody else had this problem. i have a CJ7 with a 4" susp. lift and with the compression of 4x4ing the AMC20 has made a nice dented groove in the gas tank skid plate. it actually dented my stock diff cover awhile back and i switched to a crane cover. will i have to lift the tank up or move the springs forward, or should i just run it as is and keep an eye on it. it's been this way for about 7 years and hasn't got any worse. any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve.

LOL I had the same problem after installing a BTF diff cover.
Mine self cleared after awhile. I wouldn't worry about the crane cover,
it's a lot stronger than the tank skid. I tryed looking for a tank out of something else, but never did fine anything.

i thought i was the only one with this problem because i couldn't find any info on it. thanks for the reply. i think i'll just leave it.

Mine contacts the gas tank also (4" Superlift springs). I have a small dent on my dif cover from it, but I've been running these springs for years and I dont worry about it.

However.....Recently I had this fantastic idea that I want to move my rear axle back about 4 inches by flipping the shackle hangers and rewelding the perches...In order to do this, I have to do something about my tank. My propane conversion is going to allow me to remove the tank altogether.

Mine contacts the gas tank also (4" Superlift springs). I have a small dent on my dif cover from it, but I've been running these springs for years and I dont worry about it.

However.....Recently I had this fantastic idea that I want to move my rear axle back about 4 inches by flipping the shackle hangers and rewelding the perches...In order to do this, I have to do something about my tank. My propane conversion is going to allow me to remove the tank altogether.

Somebody better tie Jim down. There he goes again.........:eek: :D:chug: :notworthy: :p

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom