Recommended Driveshaft CV

Recommended Driveshaft CV

sunset

Jeeper
Thanks
I need to replace my too short front and rear driveshafts. I will need to get some with CV cause the lift and angles are too steep.

Can some one tell me from what I can buy some driveshaft to put in my CJ7 with Dana 44 Scouts. I have regular wheelbase, Dana 300 , 4.5 inches of lift, and a clocked Transfer Case .

I need to know year and model of truck I can find in used parts as possible.

Found some info on cherokee, TJ or Tacoma but no one mention year or model...

Maybe some one here knows and is willing to share.

Thanks

Hello sunset and welcome to the site! :chug:

You have quite the combo there and I would be very leary of buying drive shafts without having them custom cut. A couple of things jump out at me.

1) Clocked 300
2) 4.5" Lift

Every install is slightly different, have you checked with Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts

I bet they have a good idea on exactly what you would need.

I would definately go to custom shafts for that application.

Hello sunset and welcome to the site! :chug:

You have quite the combo there and I would be very leary of buying drive shafts without having them custom cut. A couple of things jump out at me.

1) Clocked 300
2) 4.5" Lift

Every install is slightly different, have you checked with Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts

I bet they have a good idea on exactly what you would need.

Yeah I know of Tom Woods, but up here in canada...shipping and customs fees, comes out pretty expensive, even if the actual piece is 300$...sometimes with all calculated, comes to almost twice the price.

I was looking for good and safe way of getting what I needed. I dont wont to be cheap...cause cheap leads to accidents and all but dont want to put 500-600 on a single driveshaft if I can find some type of compatible CV DS.

I don't know of any drop in CV shafts for what your trying to do. Can you at least take some measurements? That would be a great start to narrow down applications.

A lot of people use the front driveshaft from the cherokee of ford explorer to make a cv rear shaft for cj's the explorer is from the mid 90's and is said to be heaver duty. Not sure about a front though. There is some good info at CJoffroad.com do a search for driveshaft shortening 101 for more info.

But they are not direct drop ins as far as I know. They still have to be shortened or lengthened...

The shortening or lenghtened is a must...and I'm aware of that. But I can get that DS for around 50$ and machined, balanced for 100$...so for AMC 150 $ I'm a long way from the 300$ + shipping charges of TOMWoods.

Thanks to all for the help

Ahh, I thought you were looking for a direct drop in! My bad! Sorry about that.

A place that makes drive shafts for farm equip. can make them custom, ask around.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom