Removing a/c vent to get heater box out

Removing a/c vent to get heater box out

OEM1984CJ7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 258 w/T176
I have the factory a/c on my 84 CJ7 and going to remove the heater box as my fan motor is slipping on the shaft and I am going to replace the core and do the motor upgrade.

Question is : How long does it take to remove the factory a/c vents/fans to remove the heater box? Any tips or woes involved? It looks like it is all one piece just mounted to the bottom of the dash panel and it will drop down. I know I am not that lucky.

thanks.

I have the factory a/c on my 84 CJ7 and going to remove the heater box as my fan motor is slipping on the shaft and I am going to replace the core and do the motor upgrade.

Question is : How long does it take to remove the factory a/c vents/fans to remove the heater box? Any tips or woes involved? It looks like it is all one piece just mounted to the bottom of the dash panel and it will drop down. I know I am not that lucky.

thanks.

I did this a lonnnnggg time ago. And yes, its like trying to get a pissed off monkey out of your toilet using rotten bananas.
If I remember correctly, there are aprox 6 bolts that go through the firewall and into the engine compartment. It goes much smoother if you drop or at least loosen the dash panel to get in there. Some of the bolts are on top of the A/C plenum and unless you are built like Edward Scissorhands, its a tough squeeze under there. dont forget to remove the cable assemblies before you try to remove it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom