replacement floor and body supports

replacement floor and body supports

bobt

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ-5 258ci/T150-3spd
Anyone know where to find steel replacement front body supports and inboard and outboard rail supports?

Sorry for the necro-post, but I have a question.

Are the inboard and outboard rails (THE OUTBOARD IN PARTICULAR) what sits between the bottom of the floor pan and the body mount supports that are attached to the frame?

I got my jeep TODAY (!) and this is one of the few areas of rust that will have to be cut out and replaced. I found the part (I think) at www.classicent.com and it looks to be correct, but I wanted to be sure before I ordered.

A 1 - 1.5 inch body lift is in my near future and this will have to be replaced in the process.

Thanks!

"Are the inboard and outboard rails (THE OUTBOARD IN PARTICULAR) what sits between the bottom of the floor pan and the body mount supports that are attached to the frame?"

Yes, the rear end of the outboard support. Then the next one forward is at the transverse support which is right about the front edge of your seat where the floor pan curves down to the foot area. Forward of that is at the toe board support at the front of the tub.

Perfect. That is exactly what I was wondering. Now, after a bit more crawling around underneath, I found the section at the absolute rear of the tub that supports the tailgate is in need of replacement as well. There are 2 body mounts (1 on either side) just about under the rear lights. Classic Enterprises - Restoration, Reproduction Parts for Studebaker, Jeep & Ford has what I think is the correct part. Is it the actual tailgate support that holds the body to the frame or is it a frame cross member?
Going for my state inspection on Thursday. Hoping is will pass so I can work any other bugs out before I pull the tub this winter.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom