Misc. Rims Question / stupid move?

Misc. Rims Question / stupid move?

Rustkill

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7 258 engine.
Question for you. I just got 5 rims 15x7 and 4 center caps. the rims are steel, not chrome, and not in too bad of a shape for how old they are I don't think.
come off a base model 86 cj
I am wondering now if wasted my money. the original rims on my Jeep (85 CJ) were white with the chrome center caps, i am either going back to the OEM look or correct looking rims chrome.
I know I can get a set from Cragar that looks pretty damn close but ( do the OEM caps fit)?? maybe something new is safer anyway. or is there another company that makes rims that look oem? that I should check out?
I got everything for 500. was I stupid? waste of money?

I know some things are not that easy to find, but I also realized that I don't really know what the correct value of items should be. I may be making bad choices here.

as for the caps I can't seem to find my OEM caps, which I thought I had saved but I am not so sure now, are all the caps the same 84 85 86? chrome or steel?

I am just trying to pick up items here and there so I have them when I dive into restoring, but I guess I need to learn a few things so I am not wasting money or getting junk.

thanks for the help and go ahead and call me stupid, I need to learn !!!
Scott

I have not searched this yet, but is there a database for fair values for items?

Attachments

• IMG_4173.jpeg
    IMG_4173.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4174.jpeg
    IMG_4174.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4181.jpeg
    IMG_4181.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 2
Those are factory. Prices are all over the board I've found center caps from a few buck a piece to over 40. I bought 5 factory CJ wheels and center caps from a local junkyard for 75 bucks I did spend 300 getting them sandblasted and powered coatedc1ef45b06fb5a71086b842cf3b3f2f99.jpg

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

I wanted an extra set for a larger set of tires for 4 wheeling trips. I looked around in my area for a couple of years before I found a set of 5 with 2 caps for $200. Sandblasted and paint for $200. That was 4 or 5 years ago.

I did have 2 chrome ones I gave away a couple years ago as I was never going to use them

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks