Rock sliders

coldair

Full Time Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 cj7 in the works,
1996 F350 crew cab with a 5.9 cummins
Thinking about building me a set of rock sliders for my CJ7 . Ive found a few for sale but they want $400 plus for them. who here has built there own?

Last edited:
Not really sliders, but nerd bars out of 3" tube.

Works great for pivoting around trees.
mud.jpg

Have you looked on jeeptubes dot com? They sell mostly pre-bent kits. I;m looking at their rock slider tubes for my CJ7 . Gotta finish the Cherokee first.

I used un plated diamond plate and 1 1/4 tubing
fun project

I used rec. tube for mine, kinda rock slider-step, they work great though.

Here's some for a lot less than $400 Untitled 2
I know terry he does good work.

Mine are more on the line of Darren's pic
they do go to the frame but the plate is rivited to the tub, it makes a strong application.
I have had both styles and IMHO this protects better

this is what the ones look like that i did for my CJ5 just angle iron.

I'm due to put some together too. I like my last little piece of stock trim down there :D but I guess it's gotta go. The last time I was out I ran into trouble partially because I was trying too hard to avoid running the side down a rock.

OK so I bought these but if I was going to build them these are what I would wish to end up with. I had to do a bit of modification to make them fit the way I decided they should, a little cutting and welding and inserting spacers and shims, but all in all I didn't have a real problem justifying what I spent on them. a good value, I think.:D

TOMKEN MACHINE - Item Detail

Wow, I think for 300+ smackers, and having to modify, weld and spacers to make them fit right, I would have just built my own.. They don't even look all that strong.. good luck with those...

I can see where you would think that but actually I can put a high lift under them and lift the side of the CJ and they are bolted to the frame rather than the body. By the time I priced the material to build these, and not just what material I could find, and I had to decide what the time was worth. If I had built them I would have been working for minimum wage. I had to put spacers to raise two points up to level and had to move the arm on the drivers side rear about 2 inches forward. I guess, in truth, this project didn't sound like that much fun to me. So I wussed out and threw money at the problem.
I will look forward to see what you come up with and would add that the 2x4 tube looks good and will make an excellent slider.
Of course I have to actually finish it of get caught up with enough of it to get it out of the garage to prove that.:D

Wow, I think for 300+ smackers, and having to modify, weld and spacers to make them fit right, I would have just built my own.. They don't even look all that strong.. good luck with those...

I can see where you would think that but actually I can put a high lift under them and lift the side of the CJ and they are bolted to the frame rather than the body. By the time I priced the material to build these, and not just what material I could find, and I had to decide what the time was worth. If I had built them I would have been working for minimum wage. I had to put spacers to raise two points up to level and had to move the arm on the drivers side rear about 2 inches forward. I guess, in truth, this project didn't sound like that much fun to me. So I wussed out and threw money at the problem.
I will look forward to see what you come up with and would add that the 2x4 tube looks good and will make an excellent slider.
Of course I have to actually finish it of get caught up with enough of it to get it out of the garage to prove that.:D

I know what you're saying about time spent. But if I decided to look at things that way, I don't think I would have any hobbies :eek:.

And as long as they're functional, then that's cool...

Last edited:
Thats why im thinking about building my self some. Plus you can build them the way you want them.

Last edited:
IOport51 how do those sliders bolt to your frame?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom