Rodel17

Rodel17

Rodel17

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7, 6IL, 258, 4.2L, Hard-Top, pretty much stock.
Hello.
I'm planning to replace the body mounts of my CJ7 '84 and i have two questions
first: what's the best body mount out there? Second: I bought a 2" body lift from Performance Accessories p/n: 912 and want to know if i can put it on top of the stock body mount i think it is 1". Any info will help. Thanks in advance.

Personally I wouldn't stack them.

The poly bushings are nice... Stock 1"

Most of us have bias against the body lifts anyways because of the side effects and no real ground clearance improvements.

Stability and center of gravity being the largest side effects mentioned above.

However, back to one of your original questions... I've seen things that I never though i would looking around these forums, PO rigs being fixed etc. I wouldn't do as you asked and stack them... Pretty dangerous on the stability issue...:cool:

Quick question, what do you want to lift the body for? Looks I would assume? Larger Tires? And have you researched what, if anything, it would change on the rest of your Jeep?
:chug:

It looks as if you will have to use the originals as your kit does not seem to come with the steel spacers and bottom rubber pads. The bolt length will also tell you a lot, when they arrive. The problem I have with body spacers is the added leverage they give to forward body travel in a sudden stop. I do think they do less to affect your center of gravity than a spring lift just because you have not moved as much weight.
Having Google’d your zip code I would guess you are hoping to keep your feet dry but do not forget the distributer is still going to be the first at the scene of the flood.:cool:

Having Google’d your zip code I would guess you are hoping to keep your feet dry but do not forget the distributer is still going to be the first at the scene of the flood.:cool:
:laugh::laugh: Body lifts are cheap and they only will give you more tire clearence. What are you trying to do with your Jeep so that we can help you better?

I was in visioning something different :dunno:

https://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=912/706.2.23189.32353.0.0.0

That's what you are getting right?

Down at the bottom of the page is that e-mail address for technical ?'s ... might be worthless, but give the question a try with them to see what they say. :cool:

I'm not sure what material those blocks are made of, but if they are hard, yeah probably stack the softer poly on top between them and the body and get them tight for no wiggle movement between...

I've never done one though, so not too sure...

:chug:
~ JR

IO thanks for reply. Like i said, i just want to keep my suspension untouched, have some clearence for 33". I just want to replace my body mount with the same replacement.I've seen some but they don't have the lower pad or rubber. What do you suggest? New in the field, basic knowledge but not a pro. Thanks again.

I think you need the rubber bottom disks and the steel tube spacers to keep everything flexible, thats what the whole body mount thing is about . Otherwise you wouldn't need any mount at all and the body mounts would harden and crack in no time. Not to mention the ride would suffer, I know its hard to believe the ride could be any stiffer but eliminating the compressibility of the body mounts would prove other wise , I am betting.
You are just going to have to mix and match parts or contact the people you got the mounts from and ask what they were thinking when they assembled the kit.:cool:

IO thanks for reply. Like i said, i just want to keep my suspension untouched, have some clearence for 33". I just want to replace my body mount with the same replacement.I've seen some but they don't have the lower pad or rubber. What do you suggest? New in the field, basic knowledge but not a pro. Thanks again.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom