Scout D44's what would you offer?

Scout D44's what would you offer?

Kane

Full Time Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-8 Restomod Scout axles 4 wheel disks, 258, ax15, D300.
Tomorrow night I am heading out to check out a pair of Dana 44 's off of a Scout II from 1980-ish. They both have 3.73's open diffs with disk brakes front and rear. Bolt pattern is 5 on 5.5 and one lock out hub is missing. Other than that I don't know much more about them. He is asking $450 for the set. This seems like a good price if but of course Iam going to try and haggle.

What do you think based off that info? What would you offer if they are in good shape?

Let's face it your only buying the houseing. You will replace the axles, and gears and have to buy bearings, seals, lockers and new lockouts. probably new u-joints too unless they come with the new axles.:D
If the brake parts are all good they would sell for a couple hundred apiece around here.

I ended up grabbing the pair for 400. The rear is in very good shape but the front is not as good as I hoped. The housing is solid though and rebuildable. Looks like I have a summer axle rebuild project to do. Time to start sourcing parts. From what I here my Dana 30 steering knuckle assemblies will bolt right up? Mine are perfect so that will save me a few bucks.

Tomorrow night I am heading out to check out a pair of Dana 44 's off of a Scout II from 1980-ish. They both have 3.73's open diffs with disk brakes front and rear. Bolt pattern is 5 on 5.5 and one lock out hub is missing. Other than that I don't know much more about them. He is asking $450 for the set. This seems like a good price if but of course Iam going to try and haggle.

What do you think based off that info? What would you offer if they are in good shape?

The rear disc brake conversion is sweet.
Have you priced Scout drums?
They look just like old ford pickup drums, but cost 5 times as much!:eek:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom