semi auto tranny??

semi auto tranny??

red monster

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7
i just bought a 1985 CJ7 4speed manuel and im having trouble with 1-3 gear. there is a loud vibration and once in 4th gear its smooth and im told its something with my transmission , so instead of fixing i wanted to but a new or used one, i want to know if anybody knows of any semi auto transmissions that will work for my cj. i wanna go semi auto just cause im stuck in traffic alot and clutch is a pain in the butt .

never heard of a semi auto for a jeep, i know they used em some in vw. anyhow your jeep probably has a T-176 and this is a common problem. 1-3 are on a different shaft than 4th gear, and the bearings are shot for the 1-3. mine has been doing it since i've owned it (2yrs) and i drive it every day. you can make it last a little longer by changing out the dope, i use a heavier weight lucas, its just irritating.

A semi auto transmission in a Jeep? Never heard of such a thing. Be the first!
All the semi automatic transmissions I know of are in foreign cars and high end sports cars.
I would guess you would have to swap in an engine and tranny from a Mercedes then adapt a transfer case to that.
I wonder if Range Rover has a semi-automatic transmission already mated to a TCase. However you try to do it I won't be able to offer much help. I would think it would be more trouble than it's worth.

Granny low T-18a makes for a bullet proof transmission. If your an offroader consider one of these. 6:32 first gear

It wouldn't be hard to put a manual valve body in a torqueflite trany.
There's an interesting idea!
That's how you do it!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks