semi auto tranny??

semi auto tranny??

red monster

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7
i just bought a 1985 CJ7 4speed manuel and im having trouble with 1-3 gear. there is a loud vibration and once in 4th gear its smooth and im told its something with my Transmission , so instead of fixing i wanted to but a new or used one, i want to know if anybody knows of any semi auto transmissions that will work for my cj. i wanna go semi auto just cause im stuck in traffic alot and clutch is a pain in the butt .

never heard of a semi auto for a jeep, i know they used em some in vw. anyhow your jeep probably has a T-176 and this is a common problem. 1-3 are on a different shaft than 4th gear, and the bearings are shot for the 1-3. mine has been doing it since i've owned it (2yrs) and i drive it every day. you can make it last a little longer by changing out the dope, i use a heavier weight lucas, its just irritating.

A semi auto Transmission in a Jeep? Never heard of such a thing. Be the first!
All the semi automatic transmissions I know of are in foreign cars and high end sports cars.
I would guess you would have to swap in an engine and tranny from a Mercedes then adapt a Transfer Case to that.
I wonder if Range Rover has a semi-automatic Transmission already mated to a TCase. However you try to do it I won't be able to offer much help. I would think it would be more trouble than it's worth.

It wouldn't be hard to put a manual valve body in a torqueflite trany.
There's an interesting idea!
That's how you do it!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom