Engine Sniper EFI, no start

Engine Sniper EFI, no start

furnsworth

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ8
I have a Sniper EFI in my '84 CJ8 . I bought it post install and it's ran fine since buying it 7-8 months ago. All of a sudden, I am really struggling to get it to start. You click it into position, the electric fuel p

Is the pump coming on? Is it external or internal pump? Also is there gas in the tank? Not what the gauge says but actually have gas?

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

I can hear the pump coming on, yes. You turn the key and it primes I guess. I was told to allow it to do that when I bought it. You can hear it whine for 5-10 seconds. It's an external pump. There is gas in the tank, gauge shows half a tank when it started, then I put another 5 gallons in so it's nearly full, no change.

Second question is there spark? You can check the gas by unhooking the fuel line and turning it on (put the hose into a bottle) it should fill it. If you have fuel pressure reattach the line and check spark

Easiest way to check spark is with a random spark plug plugged into #1 wire and lay it on the valve cover where you can see it while you turn it over

Let me ponder this one for a few moments

Does it try to start or not?

Ok! So since I posted I've replaced spark plugs, wires, rotor, batteries, alternator, starter.

The problem is so random I think it would be tough to take to a shop.

I tested the pump and it's working, shoots fuel every time into the system before you try to crank it.

I tested spark, after replacing everything it's a nice blue arc.

For instance today, fired right up, runs perfect. Drive for 10 minutes, dies, then it will not restart. I probably cranked it, let it sit, cranked it, 15 times and finally it fires up. Then I drive it, shut it off, fires up again, I drive it a bit more, shut it off, then again it won't fire up.

It's getting spark, it's getting fuel, it's getting air and when it runs it feels like a brand new engine.

Call Holley tech support. I'm thinking if all that is working as it should it could be an ECU issue but you need some data logs to verify or if it's a sniper 2 they should be able to remote into the unit

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom