Someone please help me solve valve cover issue!

Someone please help me solve valve cover issue!

blaylock6502

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 cj5 currently in process of body off restoration and installing fiberglass tub
Hey guys I have recently gotten my 1974 CJ5 back on the road after a frame off. The only problem is it pours oil so bad I can't even drive it. It has the original AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . The valve cover that is on it has been overtightened so many times it us bent warped and cracked beyond repair. What I really would like to have is an aluminum valve cover but I've searched high and low with no results. I even thought maybe one for a later model AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l would work but the bolt pattern is different. After many attempts to get current cover to seal and against better judgement I ordered a chrome cover made by specter which was supposed to fit but after finding all of the grommets and buying a new gasket I found that the chrome is slightly wider and will not work because it hits the head bolts!!!!!! Any help or guidance as to where I can find a cover would be a life saver! Also does anyone know where I can find a gasket other than cork?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom