Starter

Starter

Vick68

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1973 Cj5 71 AMC 360 4 spd Manual Front & Rear lockers,
1999 F250 extended cab 5spd Triton V10
I'm having a problem with my 73 cj 5. It was running fine a week ago and but went out to fire it up and just let it run today and it wouldn't turn over at all. I pulled the starter off but it looks nothing like the one I bought to replace it. I bought the starter for the engine 1971 360 javelin, did I buy the right starter or wronge one. Thanks:confused:

If you bought a starter for a 360 it should work. The fact that it is for a Javelin shouldn't matter. AMC V8 starters are all the same. That's not to say the auto parts store didn't give you the wrong starter.

Well this thing is definitely a jeepenstein. The auto parts store that I've always used assured me it was for a 360. So the starter on it may have been wrong who knows. I'm going to put it on tomorrow and see if I can get her to crank. Cross my fingers and say a couple of hail mary's. Thanks.

Did you check the starter solenoid? It should be on the passenger side fender. If it’s gone you got nothing. A good way to check the starter is to directly hook it up to a battery with jumper cables (without the solenoid) and see if it turns.

Yea man I was going to get one to go with new starter but the store didn't have one on hand so it should be here tomorrow. Wasn't to expensive so I figd i get a new one. Slowly she become new or atleast road and trail worthy.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks