Stock location for front belts on 77 CJ7

Stock location for front belts on 77 CJ7

nolefansjeep

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ7, 304 v8,GM TH400 auto,Quadra Trac, AMC 20 Rear and Dana 30 front
I am restoring my 77 CJ7 and I am putting new side panels on as the ones on there are just beat to hell and back by the PO. While pulling the side panels off I noticed that one side of the lap belt was bolted to a flange attached to the inside of the side panel. Is this the stock location or were they mounted to the floor?

77 stock tub

floor and fender well seat belts

DSCN0506.png

DSCN0558.png

DSCN2237.png

You can see the 2 captured nuts for the female floor belts and bolts located between the hat channels. Also the captured nuts for the male belt on the fender well.

[FONT=&quot]DSCN2065.png
[/FONT]

I am restoring my 77 CJ7 and I am putting new side panels on as the ones on there are just beat to hell and back by the PO. While pulling the side panels off I noticed that one side of the lap belt was bolted to a flange attached to the inside of the side panel. Is this the stock location or were they mounted to the floor?
That is the stock location...a pillar on the inside of the panel just in front of the wheel well.

That is the stock location...a pillar on the inside of the panel just in front of the wheel well.

OK my next question is, is that pillar usually already welded on on replacement panels or do you have to weld that on yourself?

OK my next question is, is that pillar usually already welded on on replacement panels or do you have to weld that on yourself?
Well, that's a OEM spot welded piece....like your fenders being double-sheeted. I cant tell you if your replacement panels come with the pillar already welded in. They probably should I would think....:confused:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom