Super 30 axle kit

I did the up-grade on my 83 but stuck with the 27 spline with the larger u-joint. (didn't want to change carriers)
Haven't had any u-joint problems since.

I did the up-grade on my 83 but stuck with the 27 spline with the larger u-joint. (didn't want to change carriers)
Haven't had any u-joint problems since.
Who's axles did you go with? Dont blame you on the carrier? I think im going to go with the 30 spline and ARB locker. (going to gear my axles down)

I have Alloy USA but I wouldn't recomend them, the workmanship is not that good.(I spent alot of time deburing them) The Superiors I have in the rear were made alot better.

How hard do you abuse your axles Old dog? I'm thinking about doing eaton elockers front and rear, the super 30 axles also not sure if I can do the 30 spline with the eaton.

I mainly play in rocks and rock ledges, here in Ky. there's a lot of dirt mixed in though so traction is mixed. I was breaking axle u-joints before the up grade. All is good now though.
You might want to talk to Eaton about the locker, they may be able to make you one if they don't offer it. I was talking to Ox awhile back and they offered to make one of theres in a different spline count for a few bucks more.

Superior was a Ca company and once about 30 miles from my house. We kind of gave them no respect but they built a extremely well made product. They have like so many Ca companies moved out of state due to our anti business tax structure here and are now in Las Vegas. I understand that my last build of a Dana 30 to put in my 67 are Superior axles ( I called and asked ) my builder states he has very few issues with their product and refuses most other axles because of both reliability and service issues. Now I hope that helps.

Superior was a Ca company and once about 30 miles from my house. We kind of gave them no respect but they built a extremely well made product. They have like so many Ca companies moved out of state due to our anti business tax structure here and are now in Las Vegas. I understand that my last build of a Dana 30 to put in my 67 are Superior axles ( I called and asked ) my builder states he has very few issues with their product and refuses most other axles because of both reliability and service issues. Now I hope that helps.

Thanks Baja I have 30 spline superior axles in my 74 CJ5 they are a great axle. I just don't know if eaton has the Dana 30 locker with a 30 spine

I do not know the spline count, but 2 years ago I took a 76 Dana 30 and had it built for the 67 with a new detriot. If you are looking for different spline count stuff, contact Herm the Overdrive guy. He can hook you up with a lot of stuff for older CJs, even if it is just advice.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom