Media
Resources
Solutions
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Need to replace a terlet.
The seat was dropped and cracked the bowl. I started looking for a new one and WOW! There are only 2.5 Brazillion terlets available! :laugh:
Not sure how many terlets are in a Brazillion - but I know it has to be huge!
All you contractors, where do I get a replacement (looks the same) Briggs round terlet? I figure if I'm going to replace one, I'll change out the three that make me proud...

Ideas?

Need to replace a terlet.
The seat was dropped and cracked the bowl. I started looking for a new one and WOW! There are only 2.5 Brazillion terlets available! :laugh:
Not sure how many terlets are in a Brazillion - but I know it has to be huge!
All you contractors, where do I get a replacement (looks the same) Briggs round terlet? I figure if I'm going to replace one, I'll change out the three that make me proud...

Ideas?

I have read that the most smuggled contraband across our northern border is full flush WC's.:eek:
The last one I put in, I am not a plumber, was from the despot and it was a "toilet in a box" which gives you everything you need to replace a toilet at a remarkably affordable price. It is, however a “low flow” unit.:cool:

I have read that the most smuggled contraband across our northern border is full flush WC's.:eek:
The last one I put in, I am not a plumber, was from the despot and it was a "toilet in a box" which gives you everything you need to replace a toilet at a remarkably affordable price. It is, however a “low flow” unit.:cool:
TY - But - what is your 'despot'? :D

LOL - What I thought!

Closest one is two hours away... :(

I have a Lowes kinda, sorta, semi, whatever close though... :)

LOL - What I thought!

Closest one is two hours away... :(

I have a Lowes kinda, sorta, semi, whatever close though... :)

Boy, you are in the sticks. I can throw a rock and hit two Lowes, two Despots and two wally world's.
I think Lowes will work as well but I would call a head. ( get it?? a head?):laugh::laugh::laugh:

there is a toilet on the market , saw it online, can has super flush technology as well as water saver, Damn thing can flush a bowl of golf balls.
I want one of those things but it slips my mind right now what brand, I too am in teh market for a new poop shooter.

there is a toilet on the market , saw it online, can has super flush technology as well as water saver, Damn thing can flush a bowl of golf balls.
I want one of those things but it slips my mind right now what brand, I too am in teh market for a new poop shooter.

Do tell, and how much is this marvel??:cool:

LOL - So - I exaggerated!

Seriously, the closest HD is really only ONE hour away! :)

Pretty bad huh? :)

I believe Briggs are unavailable.I have one thats 40 years old and they said don't drop it.Home DePotts has some good 80-100 $ range tank bowl combos.Get that new o-ring gasket instead of beewax you'll be glad you did.Its made by Fluidmaster available Despot

We just put one in made by Jacuzzi it is one of the Low Flow ones but it seems to be working fine it has a larger flushing valve than the others. We picked it up at that Low place

I installed 2 Jacuzzi's about a year ago,not a bad unit.It is a fairly sh...y discussion.Could turn hilarious if the flow don't start or clogs.

Hmm - You :dung: in your Jacuzzi: Eww! :laugh:

Another question, since just the bowl is cracked. Can I keep the non water saving tank and just switch out the bowl? Are the tank mounts universal? Bet they aren't. :)

When I do bathroom remodels I usually use Sterling units. I never use any fixture (or anything else) from a home center. Go to a plumbing supply house and buy a good one. As far as buying seperate pieces, forget it. Just buy a complete unit, a new wax seal, and allways install a new supply line and closet bolts. As far as seats go, I use bemis.

edit: tanks are not universal, there are several diferent mount paternsand bolt numbers. Try replacing the old seat with a soft close unit. You can't slam them down, they just ease shut on their own when you drop them.

When I do bathroom remodels I usually use Sterling units. I never use any fixture (or anything else) from a home center. Go to a plumbing supply house and buy a good one. As far as buying seperate pieces, forget it. Just buy a complete unit, a new wax seal, and allways install a new supply line and closet bolts. As far as seats go, I use bemis.

edit: tanks are not universal, there are several diferent mount paternsand bolt numbers. Try replacing the old seat with a soft close unit. You can't slam them down, they just ease shut on their own when you drop them.
x2 on that except check out the o-ring seal versus beeswax.

You know, I just came across this thread. My parents just remodelled their bathroom (s) and their new toilets rock! They bought the no slam seats, so therefore, you can never slam your nuts in them (I would never have that problem, but apparently daddy has.) But the toilets themselves flush like an industrial one but from what my mom told told me they are supposed to be effecient or something of that nature. The color of them though... I would have went with white.

They bought the no slam seats, so therefore, you can never slam your nuts in them (I would never have that problem, but apparently daddy has.).

Ahh never mind, better keep my mouth shut.:eek:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom