The Nutter

The Nutter

MDJEEPER

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ

Mostly stock, 258 c.i.d., T-176 tranny, Dana 30 front, AMC 20 rear, Dana 300 t-case, 31x10.50 tires, 2 inch body lift
I have been doing some reading regarding the Nutter bypass and trying to fully understand what it does. I think I understand the wiring part, but is it REALLY as simple as connecting orange to orange and purple to purple??

One thing that remains a complete mystery to me is how the carb is adjusted prior to and after the bypass. Could a wise jeeper explain it??

Also, I understand the timing is set to 8 degrees BTDC. Is that done prior to the bypass and rechecked afterwards, or only set afterwards?

The Nutter seems to be an interesting idea, if it's really as good as what you read on the Internets!:driving:

yes its worth it if you don't have to deal with emissions. you connect the orange and purple wires from the dist. to the same wires coming out of the cont. mod. after that you need to take the stepper motor off of the back of the carb pull or push the needles in or out to the full rich position i can't remeber which direction but one of the good write ups will tell you that, then after you get it running set the timing at 8deg BTDC. you can adjust the mixture by moving the needles in/out of the carb you have to pull the motor off everytime you adjust the setting but you can toy with it till it doesn't run rich.

if i remember right mine ran best at about 1/8" out of the motor housing. it'll run much better with the nutter bypass, especially if you are already having problems with the carb. essentially all you are doing is taking the control away from the computer

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom