tranny leaking at transfer case

tranny leaking at transfer case

superchicken

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ8 4inch lift 33" tires. 258 w/weber carb. borgensen steering shaft, acura seats. one piece rear axles.
09 JK unlimited 2" lift w/33" tires and procomp wheels.(wifes car)
51 ford chopped,29 ford roadster,64 EH wagon with injected v6(aussie version of chevy)
My TF999 is leaking where it bolts to my Dana 300 . Leaks really bad. Is there a seal that I can replace without dropping the Transmission ? It looks easy enough to drop the Transfer Case . Has anyone done this?

Not on a TF999 but there is a seal in between the Dana 300 and a T-176 . Ive replaced mine already. Id imagine there is one in between your auto and the Dana 300 also. Yes its easy.

If I'm not mistaken some of the bolts that hold the Transmission and Transfer Case together actually go into the Transfer Case . Sometimes people forget to seal the threads and it'll leak something terrible.
Someone who's pulled a 300 recently could probably tell which bolts if any go into the case, a good thread sealer or a little RTV will seal those up.

If that doesn't fix it then it's a gasket between the 2. Not a bad fix but takes time.

Thanks guys, i might just pull it next week to see what i get. I have a long trip coming Easter weekend so I need it ready

red tranny fluid.

I think there is a seal in the tailshaft, you should be able to get to it by removing the t/c.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom