Tub Swaping

Tub Swaping

1moreshot

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ-5 AMC 304 5.0 L 3 speed Dana 30 Front Axle. AMC-20 Rear Axle
Hey folks. Does anyone know if a tub off of a 1971 CJ5 will match up to a frame on a 1976 CJ5 ? The 71 has a V6 in it and my 76 has a V8 (AMC 304 ). I'm hoping so, sure will save me a lot of time and money.

Thanks

Hey folks. Does anyone know if a tub off of a 1971 CJ5 will match up to a frame on a 1976 CJ5 ? The 71 has a V6 in it and my 76 has a V8 (AMC 304 ). I'm hoping so, sure will save me a lot of time and money.

Thanks

:)Wow That's a good question......that was right in the middle of the Kaiser to AMC swap in 72-73....when AMC lengthened the CJ5 three or four inches and went to swing pedals and the straight 6.........I know the front end was a few inches longer.
Might want to roll those up side by side and crawl under them.....body mounts I think are also different.
:D:D:D:D

In 71 the frame was parallel from front to back. In 76 they widened the rear of the frames so it would not be a direct bolt on. I would bet you could modify the tub a bit to fit the new frame though.

In 71 the frame was parallel from front to back. In 76 they widened the rear of the frames so it would not be a direct bolt on. I would bet you could modify the tub a bit to fit the new frame though.
I could handle that. Long as the wheel wells & engine area would fit. I guess the best thing to do is go do some measuring. The tub is still on the 71' but 76' is just the frame with all the drive train. Just need a tub and then add some dirt. Thanks

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom